Saturday 16 October 2010

Traditional Chocolate Brownies

Brownies are my favourite they are crunchy on the outside but soft and goey on the inside. Brownies are great for a quick chocolate fix and are neither too sweet or savoury. They can be eaten warm or cold and go great with ice cream or fruit. I leave nuts out of mine to keep it traditional and let the taste of chocolate come through.

Recipe
200g dark cooking chocolate
175g unsalted butter
325g caster sugar
130g plain flour
3 eggs

I put the chocolate and butter into a bowl over simmering water and leave it to melt whilst I weigh out my ingredients.
Once melted, I pour into a large bowl and add the sugar stirring until well combined. I add the flour and stir in and then add the eggs and mix it until it is thick and smooth.

I spoon the mixture into two greased square tins and bake for 30 minutes until flaky on top but soft and sticky inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment