Saturday 9 October 2010

Banana Loaf

I first thought of doing this recipe when I realised I had never really eaten a fresh loaf let alone baked one myself. I really like bananas cooked in food so I picked the banana loaf. I was daunted by the amount of spices at first but then came the amazing taste once I had baked it. I can’t recommend this highly enough!

270g light brown sugar
2 eggs
200g mashed bananas
280g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
140g butter

I add the sugar and eggs together in a large bowl and whisk until well combined. I add the mashed bananas and then add the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and ginger and I mix it well with a spoon by hand. I then pour in the melted butter and mix well.

I pour it into a tin that is greased with butter and cook for about an hour. It should be done if the knife comes out clean when inserted.

No comments:

Post a Comment